LEADING TOGETHER FOR COMMUNITY SUCCESS
The Diaper Banks of America Conference is an essential professional development opportunity specific to the needs of diaper bank and pantry leaders, with focus on advocacy training, program capacity building, nonprofit leadership and community empowerment.
The 2017 Diaper Banks of America Conference will be held at the Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Spring Area.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
ASPIRING ADVOCATES AND RISING LEADERS: Network with national leaders, learn from expert advocates, and receive one-on-one advising. You’ll return to your community ready to implement your new action plan and lead with renewed passion and commitment.
WHO ELSE SHOULD ATTEND: Community-based organizations serving low income families, policy advocates, government representatives, maternal and child care providers, health and social service workers, early childhood education professionals, and concerned community members.
Whether you’re interested in professional training or concerned for your community’s well-being, we invite you to join colleagues and nationally recognized experts for an in-depth exploration of critical issues relating to poverty and basic needs.
- Make Every Day a Call to Action: Outreach for Beginners
- Building a More Inclusive Organization and Board of Directors
- Effective Leader’s Guide to Difficult Conversations
- Storytelling: Find the Sweet Spot for Effective Communication
- Strategic Goal Setting: Thinking About Your Year Strategically
- Small Business Partnerships
- Diapers From Day One: Hospital Partner Programs
- Serving Rural Communities
- Period Product Need Programs
- Infrastructure Strategies for Smart Expansion
- When Generations Collide: Research and Lessons Learned
- Use Diaper Need Research to Enhance Your Grant Applications
- Corporate Relationships
- Funds For Change: How to Submit a Winning Application
- Increase Donors and Grants Through Your Diaper Programs
- State Level Advocacy: Lessons Learned from NDBN Members
- Advocacy Workshop: Messaging, Strategies, and Resources
- Cloth Diaper Advocacy and Outreach: The Day Care Dilemma
- Diaper Need Awareness Week: Create a Coordinator!
- Ask-an-Accountant: Nonprofit Financial Advising
- Ask-a-Millennial: Social Media Tips for Speed and Ease
- Ask-a-PR Expert: Check Your Organization’s Online Image
- Inventory Database Tour: Donation-to-Distribution Software
Opportunities for Individual Advising:
* Conference program and workshops subject to change.
Essential Skills for NonProfit Business Leaders – Writing to Influence
Effective writing provides a strong foundation for personal and professional success. In the workplace, writing is an essential skill for influencing key decision makers, donors, volunteers, media, community partners, and elected officials, among others. NDBN members participating in this special pre-conference course will learn how to make good business writing work best for them, their diaper bank, and their community.
This course is available exclusively for Conference attendees as a supplemental professional development workshop designed especially for diaper bank leaders by communications experts and professional trainers from HUGGIES and Kimberly-Clark Corporation. These trainers regularly lead professional development workshops for corporate executives and sales teams worldwide. The workshop is an opportunity to learn from the best.
Learn to craft strong, influential communications that command an audience’s attention. Clear and concise writing allows your ideas to be better understood by readers, which enables you to achieve your intended results.
– Learn the basic principles of the Writing to Influence framework.
– Create a common approach or framework to apply the 6 Steps.
– Practice recognizing the 6 Steps in action by reviewing and discussing sample communications.
– Craft new communications using the Writing to Influence framework.
– Learn among NDBN peers in a relaxed environment.
– Have fun!
8:30am October 26 – 4:30pm October 27, 2017
Pre-conference event Wednesday, October 25th – details coming soon
Holiday Inn Orlando Disney Springs Area
1805 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830