LEADING TOGETHER FOR COMMUNITY SUCCESS
The Diaper Banks of America Conference is an essential professional development opportunity specific to the needs of diaper bank and pantry leaders, with focus on advocacy training, program capacity building, nonprofit leadership and community empowerment.
The 2017 Diaper Banks of America Conference will be held at the Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Spring Area.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
ASPIRING ADVOCATES AND RISING LEADERS: Network with national leaders, learn from expert advocates, and receive one-on-one advising. You’ll return to your community ready to implement your new action plan and lead with renewed passion and commitment.
WHO ELSE SHOULD ATTEND: Community-based organizations serving low income families, policy advocates, government representatives, maternal and child care providers, health and social service workers, early childhood education professionals, and concerned community members.
Whether you’re interested in professional training or concerned for your community’s well-being, we invite you to join colleagues and nationally recognized experts for an in-depth exploration of critical issues relating to poverty and basic needs.
CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS INCLUDE*:
- Community Empowerment: A Two-Way Relationship
- When Generations Collide: From Volunteers to Families Served
- Mobilizing Compassion: Volunteer–Centered Approaches
- Diapers from Day One: Hospital Partner Programs
- Serving Rural Communities
- Cloth Diapers and Child Care Center Collaboration
- State Level Advocacy – Successes and How to Get Involved
- Purchasing Power: Get the Most Diapers for Your Dollars
- Warehousing 101 and Growth Strategies that Work
- Human Resources: From Volunteer to Paid Staff
- Building a More Inclusive Organization and Board of Directors
- Annual Appeal Workshop: Go Home Ready-to-Launch
- Grant Writing for Diaper Programs
- Capital Campaigns for Diaper Banks and Pantries
Opportunities for Individual Advising:
- Ask-an-Accountant: Nonprofit Financial Advising
- Ask-a-Millennial: Social Media Tips for Speed and Ease
- Ask-a-PR Expert: Check Your Organization’s Online Image
* Conference program and workshops subject to change.
FEATURED SPEAKERS AND PARTICIPANTS:
Melissa Harris Perry, Maya Angelou Presidential Chair at Wake Forest University
Dana Winters, the Fred Rogers Center
For more information, please contact NDBN Chief of Programs Susan Van Ness at email@example.com
8:30am October 26 – 4:30pm October 27, 2017
Pre-conference event Wednesday, October 25th – details coming soon
Holiday Inn Orlando Disney Springs Area
1805 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830