BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
NDBN sets the standard for best practices among nonprofit diaper bank programs in the United States. NDBN members in good standing receive:
Certification of membership for online and on-site display
Authorization to use NDBN’s logo and branded materials
Inclusion in our Member Directory
DEEPEN YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND RAISE AWARENESS
NDBN educates its members regarding child poverty and basic needs. Members receive training to provide outreach and education to the general public and national leaders. We coordinate and unite efforts state-by-state and nationally to advocate on behalf of children in need of diapers and other basic needs. Members may:
- Participate in NDBN’s national fundraising, public relations, and advocacy activities.
- Get tools and support to lead your city and state’s activities and events during NDBN’s annual Diaper Need Awareness Week.
- Collaborate on research opportunities.
INCREASE YOUR CAPACITY
Our programs deliver professional development opportunities to help you increase your nonprofit capacities. The NDBN support team is available every day to provide technical assistance and connect you to resources so that you may build your nonprofit leadership and management capacity.
- Educational opportunities, professional training, webinars and individual consultation
- Data and research findings on poverty, basic needs and diaper program impact
- Sample forms and templates, program materials and assessment tools
- Resource development services, such as diaper drive kits and custom grant searches
- Eligibility to apply for NDBN’s Funds for Change Grants, ranging from $2,500 – $10,000
USE OUR NETWORK TO WORK SMARTER
NDBN helps connect you to other nonprofit, business, and community leaders through advocacy, information sharing, and our member network. You’ll make regional and national connections and find like-minded nonprofits with similar models and missions –and insight to share!
- Membership in NDBN’s email list/forum Diaper Bank Leaders and other online forums of special interest to diaper banks and programs
- Discounted registration at the annual Diaper Banks in America Conference
Our members save money on diapers and more:
- NDBN discounted prices for diapers and other basic needs from Medline and First Quality, the makers of Cuties diapers.
- Exclusive prices for bulk purchasing and custom repackaging of diapers from regional distributors
- Membership to PurchasingPoint, providing discounted products and services that nonprofits need:
20-25% average savings
Staples Advantage is the online, business-to-business division of Staples, Inc., serving organizations up to the level of Fortune 1000. The Staples Retail (In-Store) Program offers the added convenience of accessing the contracted discounts at over 1500 retail stores and their Copy & Print centers.
50-55% average savings
FedEx offers NDBN members deep discounts on all ground and express delivery. Existing account numbers, pre-printed forms, and pick-up/drop-off locations remain the same.
Up to 22% savings monthly
Personal discounts for employees
Sprint offers up to a 22% discount on monthly service plans and phones. The discount is available for both corporate and personal (employee) accounts. The discount is available on most voice and data plans. Special plans such as Simply Everything are not eligible for the discount. Details are available at www.sprint.com/healthtrust.
8-10% average savings
Discounted products include notebooks, desktops, printers, servers and storage, unified communications, security, wireless, power and cooling, networking, software licensing and mobility solutions.
Free shipping and freight (no volume commitment)
Warehouse equipment – forklifts, pallet jacks, carts, dock equipment
Storage – shelving, pallet racks, bulk storage systems, bins and containers
Safety equipment and supplies
Storage Systems Unlimited
10-65% average savings
A distributor of the leading manufacturers of storage related products. Wire shelving, storage cabinets, wall mounted storage, plastic bins, hampers, carts, step stools, and more.
Enterprise Car and Truck Rentals
20 – 30% average savings
NDBN members qualify for negotiated rates and benefits on car, truck, and van rentals.
Nonprofits Insurance Alliance Group
no volume commitment
Insuring more than 14,000 nonprofits, liability coverages include umbrella, auto, social service professional, and employee benefits. Additional coverages, such as property and volunteer accident, are available through companion programs. Members-insured also have access to free and highly discounted loss control services.
Nonprofit HR Hotline
The Nonprofit HR Hotline is a confidential resource available to walk you through difficult personnel issues. Whether you need urgent advice or help understanding the latest legislation, the Hotline is only a phone call away. The Hotline has worked exclusively with nonprofit agencies across the country for over 20 years.
Up to 5% savings
No volume commitment
Providing background investigation services for a diverse range of clients, concentrating on healthcare background screening, credential and program integrity since 1993. Strategic focus on the specialized needs of hospitals, clinics and other healthcare providers.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP:
If your organization has begun a diaper program and would like to learn about how to become a NDBN certified diaper bank or pantry, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about the membership application process, contact us:
Request For Membership Information.
NDBN also works to provide guidance to communities working to start diaper pantries and programs. If you would like to learn more about assistance and resources to start a diaper pantry or bank in your town or a nearby neighborhood in need, please email Programs@diaperbanknetwork.org.