Diaper Need Awareness Week is quickly approaching, but plenty of time remains to request that your state and local elected officials recognize the week by issuing formal proclamations.
Largely symbolic, proclamations serve several important functions, including:
- Introducing the issue of diaper need, complete with specifics about child poverty in the area, to elected officials and staff;
- Informing elected officials of the critical value of organizations like diaper banks in helping to address diaper need; and,
- Boosting media attention by highlighting the issue of diaper need, the work of diaper banks, and the actions of the governor and other state and local officials.
Here are some templates to get you started.
- City Proclamation Proposal Template 2015
- State Proclamation Proposal Template 2015
- Sample Cover Letter for Diaper Need Awareness Week 2015 Proclamation Request
- Proclamation Guidelines by State 2015
Once you’ve secured the proclamation, be sure to send a picture to the National Diaper Bank Network and we will add it to our website and fill in your state and/or community in the ever-expanding Proclamation Map!