Alliance for Period Supplies’
National Summit for Period Leadership
Atlanta, October 24, 2018
For individuals living in poverty, material basic needs too often go unmet. In fact, one in four women struggled to purchase period products within the past year due to lack of income, according to new research from U by Kotex®, the founding sponsor of the Alliance for Period Supplies, a program of the National Diaper Bank Network.
Launched in May 2018, the Alliance for Period Supplies is comprised of 50 Allied Programs located in communities throughout the country. Collectively, we are working to ensure that individuals in need have access to essential period products necessary to fully participate in daily life.
The Alliance for Period Supplies is hosting the inaugural National Summit for Period Leadership on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 in Atlanta. The goal of the afternoon summit (1 – 5 p.m.) is to create a foundation for collaboration and support among individuals and organizations working to address period poverty and menstrual equity in the United States.
Attendees will learn about:
• Menstrual Equity and Antipoverty Advocacy
• Best Practices for Period Supply Programs
• Fundraising and Development Opportunities
• Research and Community Outreach
Leaders with all levels of experience are welcome.
• Allied Programs, food banks and pantries, and diaper banks, pantries and programs
• Professionals and service organizations
• High school and college student leaders/organizers
• Impassioned people interested in women’s health, poverty, and basic needs
Register now to attend the National Summit for Period Leadership.
• Date: Wednesday, October 24th, 2018. 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
• Location: Atlanta Airport Marriott, 4711 Best Road Atlanta GA 30337
• Registration Rate: $60.00
• Member Rate: $50.00 (all APS Allied Programs and NBDN members are eligible)
Register now to save your seat!