1 in 4 Women Have Struggled to Purchase Period Products in the Past Year Due to Lack of Income.
Alliance for Period Supplies is a national organization that helps ensure that individuals in need have access to essential period products required to participate fully in daily life.
An initiative of the National Diaper Bank Network, the Alliance for Period Supplies launched in May 2018 with the support of founding sponsor U by Kotex®.
The Alliance for Period Supplies is comprised of Allied Programs that collect, warehouse and distribute menstrual/period supplies in local communities.
Allied Programs are independently operated nonprofit organizations. Each serves as a trusted community resource and advocates for individuals who struggle to afford material basic needs.
U.S. Conference on Poverty and Basic Needs
October 20 – 22 2022 – Orlando, FL
The goal of the conference is to create a foundation for collaboration and support among individuals and organizations working to address period poverty and menstrual equity in the United States.
Interested organizations are invited to participate in this collaborative event.
Attendees will learn about:
- Menstrual Equity and Antipoverty Advocacy
- Best Practices for Period Supply Programs
- Fundraising and Development Opportunities
- Research and Community Outreach
Leaders with all levels of experience are welcome.
- Allied Programs, food banks and pantries, and diaper banks, pantries and programs
- Professionals and service organizations
- High school and college student leaders/organizers
- Impassioned people interested in women’s health, poverty, and basic needs